BASED ON A TRUE STORY.
A must read if you are studying World War 2.
The famous testimony of faith of Corrie ten Boom and her sister. As Christians during WWII, the ten Boom’s reached out to the Jews, who were being persecuted and often put to death by the Nazis. Their compassion extended to providing a secret room in their home in which the Jewish people could hide during Nazi raids. Thus, Corrie becomes steeped in the underground activity of protecting Jews in Holland during a perilous time in world history. With danger, suspense, and dire consequences in a Nazi concentration camp, Corrie and Betsie follow God’s leading. They struggle with difficult moral questions and find there are no easy answers.
STORIES FOR CHILDREN IS A 1984 NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW NOTABLE CHILDREN’S BOOK OF THE YEAR.
Bonus short story guide included!
This guide also includes a flash guide for the short story, Power of Light, by Isaac Bashevis Singer. A moving tale of Hanukkah and two Jewish teens escaping Nazi-controlled Poland. Be sure to pick up the book, Stories for Children by Isaac Bashevis Singer; a wonderful collection of thirty-six stories by the Nobel Prize winner, including some of his most famous.
Through Corrie ten Boom’s gripping account, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Corrie ten Boom.
Background Information: World War II.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Characterization, fruits of the Spirit, contrast, word picture, context, dictionary, foreshadow, flashback, synonyms, irony, foil, simile, overview.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Wisdom, talents, disrespect, racism, lying, convictions, peace, forgiveness, hiding place, refuge, light of the world.
Activities and Writing Assignments: WWII, Hitler, Holland, interview, short story, discussion, writing, research, newspaper.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Get The Hiding Place here.
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Reader program. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!